As a valued friend of Hartlepool College of Further Education, I am delighted to invite you to exhibit at the BIG Apprenticeship Open Event, to be held on Thursday 9th February.
For the previous ten years, as part of National Apprenticeship Week, our employer partners have provided information and guidance to over 10,000 prospective apprentices and their families during this event. The feedback received from students, parents and employers has been superb, so naturally we intend to do exactly the same again.
The format is the same as previous years, although this year we have extended the invitation list to over 80 companies, so please make sure to confirm your attendance as soon as possible – a few specific details are below:
- The Open Evening will be promoted in national and local media, in addition to careers professionals and teachers in the sub-region;
- The event will take place in the College atrium 5 – 8pm, set up from 3.00pm;
- Please feel free to bring any specific resources that would allow the visitors to ‘have a go’; we’ll also have a few College activities scattered around that are representative of our key sectors;
- Networking, refreshments and a welcome from our Principal and Chief Executive, Darren Hankey, will be provided at 4pm for our employer guests;
- There will be a helpdesk to answer any specific questions from students on the application process / entry requirements / how to access more information, organise tours etc;
- We are not expecting our employer guests to make any firm offers or employment pledges on the evening – we would advise that prospective apprentices and their parents are directed to the helpdesk to access information on how to apply [either to the College or via the Government website]. Hopefully this will enable employers and students to focus on informal discussion about the rewarding opportunities an apprenticeship can bring and what it takes to become an apprentice.
To confirm attendance, numbers attending and your requirements at the event, please email Julie Clerihew firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 01429 404032 by 13th January 2022. You will be able to drop off equipment at reception and car parking will be reserved for you in the college car park. A six-foot trestle table and space for a pop-up stand will be made available to all exhibitors, however, please let us know if you have any additional requirements [e.g. access to an electrical socket, room for a break-out area etc.]