Network members are being invited to book their place at two upcoming events organised by Sunderland University’s Automotive and Manufacturing Advanced Practice (AMAP) programme.
The first is to see the future of hydraulics on Friday, June 9, at the Industry Centre. This is your chance to see the Rexroth Connected Hydraulics Truck and learn how to;
- Simplifying your design
- Streamlining your installation
- Maximising your productivity
- Minimising your downtime
This is the only stop for the truck in the North East. To book click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bosch-i40-connected-hydraulics-truck-visit-tickets-34906783128
Secondly Sunderland University’s Business School together with Enterprise and Innovation, and supported by AMAP, are holding a breakfast seminar on Thursday, June 15.
CDEMN’s chairman Mr David Land, will be sharing his story about the importance of supply chains in the automotive sector.
David was the UK director for Tier1 supplier Gestamp and is currently also a business board member for the NELEP.
His presentation will include:
- Getting into the Automotive industry and what’s required to meet the demanding expectations, drawing on the example of his experience with Gestamp Tallent
- Back in the Day – when Nissan came to the North East
- How local suppliers established a foothold in the industry
- What was needed
- What was expected
- The journey many companies undertook
- How todays market would receive a new player
- Needs and Requirements
- Drawing comparisons by evaluating the level of improvement manufacturers have undertaken and comparing that to today’s supply chain.